- Enterprise application
- Mobile application
Our client is a European plant engineering group which is part of the ATX index. It is specialized in the design and the manufacturing of industrial production equipment and systems. Facing rising low-cost competition from China, it has no other choice to innovate to differentiate and offer more value to its customers.
The client’s objective was to design a new version of an old solution for hydro power plants assessments. The current software met the efficiency criteria when it was designed, but the client wanted to raise it to a new level, exploiting the latest technologies of this generation.
Indeed, on the legacy version, making an assessment of a power plant could take weeks, even once the inspector left the facility. Collecting pictures from a camera and annotate them in order to put it in the final report was too long and tedious.
Our low-code / no-code experts provided our client with 2 solutions:
- A main software containing all the main features to perform an assessment of a power plant (in term of functionalities, very similar to the legacy product)
- A mobile version with fewer functionalities, in order to easily take pictures and make quick annotations.
Our approach was to:
- Rapidly delivered a proof-of-concept to show concrete results (in three weeks)
- Scale to production: more effective than SCRUM or Agile methodologies as the specifications are created directly in the low-code app. The team can directly iterate and scale the solution with tailored coded features
The users are now able to easily take pictures they need with the smartphone and synchronize them with the main software for better annotations. No more additional cameras are required and all the extra annotations work done outside the power plant facility with the legacy software, can now be done directly on site.
Thanks to Olympe, the real-time development platform used for this project, we could:
- Quickly develop the UI (estimations to redesign the solution divided by 2, with Olympe’s low code feature)
- Optimize the final device (i.e. only benefit from one development platform to develop both applications)
- Facilitate the synchronization thanks to the real-time functionality of Olympe
We thus responded to the client’s needs with an optimized development that allowed us to create a tailor-made application that is also available in a mobile version.